We recently gave each of our 6th grade students a Chromebook. I am working with the teachers to integrate the technology into the curriculum. Here are a few tools I shared with the teachers at a recent meeting.
- Padlet: Easy way for kids to collaborate. Create a “wall,” share the address with students, and start putting up ideas!
- Mindmeister: Collaborative brainstorming or mind-mapping site.
- Select & Speak: A Chrome extension that lets you select a portion of a website and have it read to you.
- Typing Club: Free online learn to type program.
- WeVideo: Free online video editor and maker. This is integrated into Google Drive.
- Kaizena: Leave verbal feedback for students on Google Drive documents.
- Pear Deck: Present a Google Slides presentation (or any type of presentation), share it easily with students on their devices, and interact with them through Pear Deck.
We will meet again, so more tools are coming soon!